- The Ministry of Personnel Management was established.
- The name of the ministry was changed to the Ministry of Security and Public Administration.
- The Higher Civil Service Examination was abolished and changed to Grade 5 Open Recruitment (administrative, foreign service, technical).
- Traditional methods of recruiting public servants were reviewed.
- The Ministry of Public Administration and Security was established (combining the Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, the Civil Service Commission, the Emergency Planning Commission and the Ministry of Information and Communication).
- The Civil Service Commission was established.
- The Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs was established (combining the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Government Administration).
- The first administrative higher civil service examination was administered.
- The first higher civil service examination (administrative division) was administered.
- The Higher Civil Service Examination Law was enacted and promulgated.
- 1948. 11
- The Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Government Administration were established.
- The Republic of Korea Government was established.